premiere measuring guideFirst look at your window and decide where and how your Lights Out! sealed window covering will best be mounted:
• Choose the smoothest surface surrounding the window (metal or vinyl frame, wood molding, wall, etc.) where white 5/8″ adhesive backed hook and loop can be permanently adhered without interruption.
• The 5/8″ adhesive backed hook and loop must be installed onto a smooth, strong, and sturdy surface.
• Shades, blinds, curtain/valance rods, tiebacks, etc. may need to be moved slightly to allow 1″ to 2″ clearance beyond the 5/8″ hook and loop installation strips.
• Choose Wall Mount, Frame Mount, or Inside Mount. For absolute maximum darkening and insulation choose Wall Mount. Frame Mount can black out light as well as a Wall Mount, but not always. Inside Mount, though sometimes the most practical installation possible, does not always provide the same quality of room darkening as the other mounts. A tiny amount of sunlight may leak around. In these instances, further steps can be taken to maximize darkness.
Wall Mount is perhaps the easiest to install and provides the deepest quality of darkness. It is used on windows that have a smooth, firm surface on the wall next to the window, or on trim work on which the white, 5/8″ hook and loop can be adhered.
In cases where the walls are textured or the window has lovely wood trim work around it, many homeowners choose to put a narrow frame of wood directly on the textured wall. Some abut the narrow frame right up against their trim work. The adhesive backed hook and loop is then adhered directly to this frame instead of the wall or trim work.
Please note: The adhesive requires a clean, dry, finished surface. The adhesive does not adhere well to raw wood or freshly stained wood. We recommend painting the wood strips first in a color to match the walls or trim work.
Inside Mount is used on windows that are set into the wall. The walls may be textured and have no available trim work or molding on which the adhesive backed hook and loop can be applied. A window sill may jut out beyond the wall enough to make a Wall or Frame Mount difficult. An added frame around the window to adhere the adhesive backed hook and loop to may not be desirable.
In such cases there is usually a surface of vinyl or aluminum around the outside edge of the window glass onto which the 5/8″ hook and loop can be adhered.
Please Note: Often with Inside Mount window covers there is not the same kind of room darkening performance as with other mounts. A tiny amount of sunlight may leak through stitches and give a minimal twilight effect.
Each Lights Out! Premiere sealed window covering is designed and custom manufactured to your exact measurements. It is guaranteed against defects in material and workmanship for 60 days. While we make every effort to provide you with detailed measuring and installation instructions, accurate measurements and proper installation are the responsibility of the customer. For any concerns, call 307-670-8824.
Carefully follow this Measuring Guide and Installation Instructions.
• To insure accurate measurements, use a high quality, steel tape measure with a wide blade of at least 1/2″.
• Measure to the nearest 1/4″. (Only round up if necessary.)
• Measure the width left to right from the outside of where the 5/8″ hook and loop will be on the left, to the outside of where the 5/8″ hook and loop will be on the right.
• Measure left to right as above in three places – top, middle, and bottom of the window.
• Measure the height top to bottom from the outside of where the 5/8″ hook and loop will be at the top, to the outside of where the 5/8″ hook and loop will be at the bottom.
• Measure top to bottom as above in three places – left, center, and right sides of the window.
Fill in chart below as you measure.
Have it with you when you place your order.
Measure to the nearest 1/4″. (Only round up if necessary.)
Fabric Color Choices
White facing out and Ivory facing into the room.
Ivory facing out and White facing into the room.
White on both sides.
Ivory on both sides.